Missionary in Canada dies after injuries from car crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has from injuries sustained in a crash.
Nearly a week ago, Elder Bryant Keck and his companion missionary were driving in Kamloops, British Columbia. A Church spokesman says that’s where their car collided with a truck. Elder Dallin Thompson, age 19, was driving. He remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Elder Keck was 19-years old. He served in the Canada Vancouver Mission since June 2018. He was from Sanford, Colorado.
Our deepest condolences go out to the family and loved ones of Elder Keck as they mourn his passing and honor his life and missionary service.
“We continue to pray for Elder Thompson and his family as well as the individuals in the other vehicle,” said the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a statement.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?