3 sexual assaults reported Friday night at Utah State campus
LOGAN, Utah (AP) — Utah State University officials issued an alert Saturday saying three sexual assaults were reported at the Logan campus Friday night.
Details on when and where the assaults occurred were not released and it wasn’t known whether the three assault victims were students.
The “timely warning notice” issued by the university said police were investigating the assaults and urged anyone with information to contact police.
University spokesman Tim Vitale says part of the investigation is whether the assaults were related to an annual Halloween campus party attended by about 6,000 people.
Vitale said university hired more than 40 police officers to work at the event and that they were assisted by 150 student volunteers trained in bystander intervention, crowd management and consent.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered