3 sexual assaults reported Friday night at Utah State campus
LOGAN, Utah (AP) — Utah State University officials issued an alert Saturday saying three sexual assaults were reported at the Logan campus Friday night.
Details on when and where the assaults occurred were not released and it wasn’t known whether the three assault victims were students.
The “timely warning notice” issued by the university said police were investigating the assaults and urged anyone with information to contact police.
University spokesman Tim Vitale says part of the investigation is whether the assaults were related to an annual Halloween campus party attended by about 6,000 people.
Vitale said university hired more than 40 police officers to work at the event and that they were assisted by 150 student volunteers trained in bystander intervention, crowd management and consent.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…