UPDATE: Suspect in South Jordan shooting found dead
(This story has been updated to indicate that a suspect in the Thanksgiving morning shooting in South Jordan was found dead.)
SOUTH JORDAN — A body discovered Monday morning at a residential construction site in South Jordan has been identified as Joshua Perez-Garcia. He was considered the main suspect in a Thanksgiving morning shooting that injured three people.
The South Jordan Police Department says Perez-Garcia’s body was found in the area of 6200 W. 11000 S. on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Perez-Garcia was considered the main suspect and was wanted for questioning in the Thanksgiving morning shooting.
Police Lt. Matt Pennington says that shooting happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Three people were taken to a hospital with varying degrees of injuries.
Investigators are still trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse