UPDATE: Suspect in South Jordan shooting found dead
(This story has been updated to indicate that a suspect in the Thanksgiving morning shooting in South Jordan was found dead.)
SOUTH JORDAN — A body discovered Monday morning at a residential construction site in South Jordan has been identified as Joshua Perez-Garcia. He was considered the main suspect in a Thanksgiving morning shooting that injured three people.
The South Jordan Police Department says Perez-Garcia’s body was found in the area of 6200 W. 11000 S. on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Perez-Garcia was considered the main suspect and was wanted for questioning in the Thanksgiving morning shooting.
Police Lt. Matt Pennington says that shooting happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Three people were taken to a hospital with varying degrees of injuries.
Investigators are still trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony