New Orleans police: 11 shot on edge of French Quarter
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say 11 people were shot in an early morning shooting on the edge of the city’s famed French Quarter.
A police release says two people are in critical condition and no arrests have been made. Police Supt. Shaun Ferguson tells The
New Orleans Advocate/The Times-Picayune that a person of interest has been detained.
Police say 10 people were taken to two hospitals and another walked in. Further details haven’t been released.
The shooting took place on a busy commercial block of Canal Street that has streetcar tracks and is near many hotels.
Ferguson says police quickly responded to the scene as patrols were heightened for this weekend’s Bayou Classic, the annual Thanksgiving weekend rivalry football game between Grambling State and Southern University at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash