New Orleans police: 11 shot on edge of French Quarter
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say 11 people were shot in an early morning shooting on the edge of the city’s famed French Quarter.
A police release says two people are in critical condition and no arrests have been made. Police Supt. Shaun Ferguson tells The
New Orleans Advocate/The Times-Picayune that a person of interest has been detained.
Police say 10 people were taken to two hospitals and another walked in. Further details haven’t been released.
The shooting took place on a busy commercial block of Canal Street that has streetcar tracks and is near many hotels.
Ferguson says police quickly responded to the scene as patrols were heightened for this weekend’s Bayou Classic, the annual Thanksgiving weekend rivalry football game between Grambling State and Southern University at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans