Head-on crash kills 3 on Highway 89 in Kane County
KANAB, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a violent and deadly crash on Highway 89 in Kane County. It happened Sunday night around 9 p.m., about 30 miles outside Kanab.
Three people were killed.
The Utah Highway Patrol says a van was speeding south on Highway 89 and crossed over the center lane. It slammed into an SUV head-on. All three people in that SUV died.
The van then caught fire. The driver of the van was flown to Dixie Regional Hospital.
It caused quite an impact on the road. A third vehicle coming southbound afterward ran right into debris from that crash and became disabled.
The Utah Highway Patrol says they are working to notify the families of those three people who died.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Christian Pulisic is day-to-day after being taken to hospital with pelvic contusion suffered…
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]