KANAB, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a violent and deadly crash on Highway 89 in Kane County. It happened Sunday night around 9 p.m., about 30 miles outside Kanab.
Three people were killed.
The Utah Highway Patrol says a van was speeding south on Highway 89 and crossed over the center lane. It slammed into an SUV head-on. All three people in that SUV died.
The van then caught fire. The driver of the van was flown to Dixie Regional Hospital.
It caused quite an impact on the road. A third vehicle coming southbound afterward ran right into debris from that crash and became disabled.
The Utah Highway Patrol says they are working to notify the families of those three people who died.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings