Cottonwood Heights police looking for erratic driver
SALT LAKE CITY — Five people received minor injuries Saturday afternoon because of the actions of an erratic driver.
Cottonwood Heights police tweeted that they needed help finding a black pickup truck which they said was involved in a two-car rollover hit and run accident on Wasatch Boulevard just past Fort Union.
Help Identify: 2 Car Rollover Hit and Run accident. Suspect vehicle is a Black newer model full sized 4-Door GMC pick-up Truck. Truck has damage to the passenger side from side swipe. Possible white paint transfer last seen-north on Wasatch at 7121 South. Tips CHPD 801-743-7000 pic.twitter.com/nMcZIbvSIk
— CH Police (@CHPolice) December 14, 2019
“We got a report of a reckless black GMC pickup truck driving recklessly, coming down Big Cottonwood Canyon,” said Cottonwood Heights police detective Nick Garcia.
“It was cutting vehicles off, and then it sideswiped two vehicles on Wasatch Boulevard, causing both those vehicles to go off the road and roll over,” Garcia said.
Police say they don’t have information about the person driving the pickup truck.
Anybody with information is urged to contact Cottonwood Heights police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984