SALT LAKE CITY: The snow has begun falling in Salt Lake City, but for the most part northern Utah school districts are on “wait and see” mode.
One exception is the South Summit school district, which has delayed starts for elementary, middle and high schools.
The Canyons District is observing a previously scheduled day off.
State employees are also on a delayed start, they don’t have to be at work until 10:00 a.m. Salt Lake City government offices aren’t open until 10:00 a.m. and Salt Lake City libraries don’t open on Friday until 11:00 a.m.
The Utah Highway Patrol reports that snow is starting to stick in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
Snow is starting to stick in a few spots on I-80 and U.S. 40 in Summit and Wasatch Counties. Just getting our first slide-off call near Coalville. Don’t push your luck on worn/bald tires! Troopers will take the time to issue a citation when you slide off the roadway.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 17, 2020
And you can expect traction restrictions in Parley’s Canyon:
SNOW really coming down at Parleys now…. pic.twitter.com/YeN4j8K3Ka
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) January 17, 2020
Traction restrictions should also be expected in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons.
And a friendly reminder from our KSL TV colleague Alex Cabrero:
If you see law enforcement on the side of the road, please slow down and move over a lane. Especially in snowy conditions. Too many officers, deputies, and troopers have been hit already this season. #ksltv #kslweather #utwx pic.twitter.com/x5dTZTb9pS
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) January 17, 2020
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4562)
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death (pageviews: 1986)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1736)
- Provo, Orem to move to "orange" during COVID-19 uptick (pageviews: 1648)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately (pageviews: 1611)
- Navajo to extend weekend lockdown because of new virus cases | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1442)
- Sen. Mitt Romney says he will not block a vote on SCOTUS nominee (pageviews: 1283)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron (pageviews: 1262)