MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified Police say that a 5-year-old boy from Millcreek has died after being struck by a vehicle Sunday night.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) February 24, 2020
Police say the street they were playing on was poorly lit and that the driver swerved to miss the older boy but failed to see the 5-year-old.
That driver remained on the scene and police say that they have been cooperating.
Officials say they do not believe impairment to be a factor and that the driver was a neighbor to the boy and that their families knew each other.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)