Looking for things to do: Met offers free HD streams every night
If you’re looking for something to do while you’re practicing your safe social distancing, New York’s Met is offering free HD streams of some of their award-winning opera performances.
After canceling upcoming performances due to concerns of the coronavirus, the New York Metropolitan Opera says that it will start offering presentations pulled from their “Live in HD” series during their closure.
The Met says that their performance streams will begin nightly at 5:30 Mountain Time and will remain available on their homepage for 20 hours.
“We’d like to provide some grand opera solace to opera lovers in these extraordinarily difficult times,” General Manager Peter Gelb says.
“Every night, we’ll be offering a different complete operatic gem from our collection of HD presentations from the past 14 years.”
Performances will begin Monday as the Met streams Bizet’s Carmen.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- “Mini-bottles” could return to Utah state liquor stores