The Road Home needs donations for kids in their shelter
MIDVALE, Utah — Kids at the Midvale Family Center homeless shelter run by The Road Home get their school supplies and meals from the Canyons School District. But it’s hard to find something to do when you’re stuck inside because of the coronavirus.
That’s why The Road Home tweeted out a request for people to donate family-friendly DVDs for kids staying at their Midvale shelter.
Executive Director Michelle Flynn says they would also like books and games for the kids.
“We have a small playroom there. We do have some books. We’re trying to do activities for the different age groups, so things that apply to kids of all ages from newborns up to 18 would be most welcome,” Flynn said.
The shelter is also in need of cleaning supplies and toilet paper.
They are also accepting homemade masks for their staff and people who are staying in the shelter.
“Our priority needs right now are those personal protective gear. We are actually accepting homemade masks, and we’ve gotten some wonderful homemade masks in from partners in the community,” Flynn said.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment