Commercial fire in Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah –Three different fire departments have responded to a commercial fire at a multi-use building in Millcreek early Wednesday morning.
Unified Fire spokesperson Matthew McFarland says that the initial reports of the flames at the Highland Dr. structure came in just before 4 am.
McFarland says that there were mixed reports that there may have been a single resident in the structure, but firefighters performed a search and say everyone is clear and safe.
McFarland says that smoke alarms alerted four residents who were able to evacuate the structure.
Commercial fire burning near 3900 South Highland Drive. I can see flames on the roof. pic.twitter.com/0n2r9Wiafk
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) May 20, 2020
No injuries have been reported. Reports say that 2 businesses, an Allstate Insurance building and the New Day Spa, as well as 2 attached apartments have been left uninhabitable.
Highland Drive has been closed between 3900 S and 4300 S and investigators will begin looking for a cause as soon as the fire is out.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash