Why You Won’t Want to Miss This Utah Rodeo: 3 Fun Activities You and Your Family Are Sure to Love at the Ute Stampede Rodeo
This article about this Utah rodeo is sponsored by the annual Ute Stampede Rodeo in Nephi, UT
If you are feeling a little pent up, you need to get out and have a little fun. And there is no better way to spend a few summer days than by attending the Ute Stampede Rodeo in Nephi, UT. This three-day event is huge for such a small town. And there is plenty to do. Here are the top three things you need to check out:
Parades are one of the highlights of the Ute Stampede every year. And both parades this year have a different theme. You’ll be able to see horses, buggies, floats, marching bands, drill teams, ball teams, dancers, antique cars, riding clubs, and farm implements. The first parade, The Heritage & Western Parade, begins at 5:00 PM on Friday, July 17th from the city park at 600 North Main Street. Then the Mammoth Parade begins at 4:00 PM on Saturday, July 18th at the Nephi City Park. One of Rural Utah’s great parades featuring beautiful floats, many bands, and other entries.
2. A Classic Utah Rodeo
Of course, the main event is the Ute Stampede Rodeo itself! And it doesn’t disappoint. It’s a community tradition that began back in 1935. Founded by Dr. P.L. Jones, the rodeo is a celebration of the hard work of the people and community of Nephi, UT. The three-day event is BIG! Thursday night is Family Night. Bring your family and make some memories. Friday night is Military Night. Honor the men and women who have and are serving their country and community. And it all culminates with one huge final rodeo performance on Saturday night!
3. Other Rodeo Events
There is so much more to do at the Ute Stampede Rodeo than just see the rodeo. Even though the rodeo is a can’t miss. But while you are experiencing the fun three-day event, check out some of the other entertainment and activities that you will absolutely love! Some of the fun activities that you won’t want to miss include the craft show at the Juab County Courthouse on both the 17th and 18th of July, and the Car Show on the 18th starting at 10 am at the city park, and best of all, country artist Charlie Jenkins will be opening for and closing for the rodeo each night! Other activities include a carnival at the fairgrounds, the Fun Run, and the Golf Tournament. For more info on activities check the schedule HERE.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?