Big summit fire road closures and evacuations lifted
IRON COUNTY — Road closures and evacuations in Hamlin Valley due to the Big Summit Fire have now been lifted, according to Utah Fire Info.
Road closures that have been lifted included are Spanish Gorge, Arrowhead and Eightmile.
Property owners who are able to return home are asked to use caution while fire equipment is still in the area.
The Big Summit Fire, which started in Nevada and burned its way into Utah, is now 34% contained.
A more accurate mapping of the fire shows that has grown to 8,453 acres in size.
#BigSummitFire has been more accurately mapped at 8,453 and is 34% contained. Firefighters continue to put line around the fires edge and are rehabbing dozer line on the south end of the fire. More info can be found here https://t.co/QrZYjIRvGV pic.twitter.com/fCFlsTdU8v
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 19, 2020
Firefighters are still working to extinguish the Big Summit Fire.
Fire restrictions issued for several Utah counties
UPDATE: Pole Canyon Fire human-caused, 500 acres burned
UPDATE: Big Hollow Fire in Heber 22% contained
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Lawyer: Trump indicted; 1st ex-president charged with crime
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts