VIDEO: Chad Daybell pleads not guilty during arraignment
ST. ANTHONY, Idaho — Chad Daybell pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Friday morning in Idaho District Court.
Daybell is currently charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence as well as two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence relating to the deaths of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
The bodies of both 7-year-old Vallow and 17-year-old Ryan were found buried on Daybell’s property on June 9.
Daybell was arrested that day. Earlier this month during his preliminary hearings, Judge Faren Eddins ruled there was enough evidence in the case to go to trial.
With Daybell entering a not guilty plea, Judge Steven Boyce moved forward and set a jury trial to begin January 11, 2021. Both the defense and prosecution expect the trial to last three weeks.
Chad Daybell’s wife Lori Vallow Daybell is also facing two felony charges of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence in Fremont County. Earlier this month she waived her preliminary hearing and is scheduled for arraignment on September 10.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- After being hit by a bus, Ryan Hamilton announces changes to performance schedule
- Free fares across entire UTA system for the month of February
- Spirit Airlines comes to Salt Lake City Airport
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- Man in custody following high-speed chase through Utah County
- Jennie Nguyen removed from Real Housewives of SLC
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints moving missionaries out of Ukraine
- SLCPD is investigating the shooting death of one person
- Teacher claims school district retaliated against her after she reported students were…