SALT LAKE CITY – Utah’s unemployment rate is better than most states, but thousands of people have lost their jobs or had their hours cut because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Those people now have a new option in the job market, as UPS is hiring 2,200 people in Utah to work this holiday season.
UPS is hiring tractor-trailer and package car drivers, which start at $21.00 per hour in Utah. Pay for package handlers and driver-helpers will start at $14.50 per hour.
College students who get a job at UPS for the holiday season could earn up to $1,300 extra towards college expenses, in addition to their hourly pay, if they work for three months.
UPS says over the past three years, 35% of seasonal workers have been hired as full-time employees.
Local UPS facilities hiring seasonal workers include:
- Utah Regional Hub: 380 S. 6400 W. Salt Lake City, UT 84104
- Salt Lake City, UT: 2040 Parkway Blvd. Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- Orem, UT: 573 N 1500 W, Orem, UT 84057
- Ogden, UT: 2750 Pennsylvania Ave, Ogden, UT 84401
- Cedar City, UT: 963 N Main St, Cedar City, UT 84720
- St. George, UT: 4683 S 1630 E, St. George, UT 84790
- Salina, UT: 188 South 800 West, Salina, UT 84654
- Logan, UT: 95 W 1800 N, Logan, UT 84341
- Price, UT: 122 2600 S, Price, UT 84501
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13361)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 11981)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 8329)
- UPDATES: Range Fire and Fire Canyon fire | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6114)
- Truckers ask UDOT to fix lanes on I-15 after near miss | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4703)
- Missing hiker found in Zion National Park after 12-day search (pageviews: 4566)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4133)
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations (pageviews: 2598)