Shaquille O’Neal: ‘I voted for the first time, and it feels good’
(CNN) — Shaquille O’Neal says he may get “roasted” for admitting it, but the towering former NBA star had something to confess this week.
“I voted for the first time, and it feels good,” revealed O’Neal on The Big Podcast with Shaq, to the background of what the host called “presidential music.”
“I can’t believe it!” chimed in his co-host, John Kincade. He went on to add that he was surprised Shaquille O’Neal had never voted in an election before.
“You know I always like being honest on my podcast. I’ve never voted before, America,” he said. “But now I’m doing all these voting campaigns, and you know one thing I never like to do is be a hypocrite.”
The 48-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers said he had filled out an absentee ballot and explained how it’s done.
He admitted he didn’t understand the electoral college system. The two men then discussed how the voting process works in the US.
But he’s not revealing who he voted for!
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- 2 dead after crash into parked box truck
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students