Shaquille O’Neal: ‘I voted for the first time, and it feels good’
(CNN) — Shaquille O’Neal says he may get “roasted” for admitting it, but the towering former NBA star had something to confess this week.
“I voted for the first time, and it feels good,” revealed O’Neal on The Big Podcast with Shaq, to the background of what the host called “presidential music.”
“I can’t believe it!” chimed in his co-host, John Kincade. He went on to add that he was surprised Shaquille O’Neal had never voted in an election before.
“You know I always like being honest on my podcast. I’ve never voted before, America,” he said. “But now I’m doing all these voting campaigns, and you know one thing I never like to do is be a hypocrite.”
The 48-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers said he had filled out an absentee ballot and explained how it’s done.
He admitted he didn’t understand the electoral college system. The two men then discussed how the voting process works in the US.
But he’s not revealing who he voted for!
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Takeaways from first primaries since Roe v. Wade overturned
- Gov. Cox announces Utah Supreme Court nominee