FARMINGTON, Utah– Farmington High School is closing for two weeks, per the recommendation from the Davis County Health Department, due to 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The high school will close on Wednesday, Oct. 21 and reopen Wednesday, Nov. 4.
The school announced in a statement Tuesday classes will be canceled on Wednesday so teachers can prepare for remote learning. Online learning will begin on Thursday, Oct 22. Students will remain on the same schedule as in-person instruction.
Any students that are in need of technology, such as a laptop and Wi-Fi connection are encouraged to call the high school at 801-402-9050.
Free student lunch will still be available during the 14-day closure. Farmington HS families can go to the school to receive daily grab and go meals from 11:00-11:30 am.
Additionally, all state-sanctioned activities will be able to meet. However, Farmington HS says if there are three or more positive COVID-19 cases among team members, the team will have to quarantine for 14 days.
The school says the step to close the building is being taken to control the spread of the virus. “We thank you for your patience and support during this time as we work together to reduce the current spike in cases and keep students and staff as safe as possible,” said Farmington HS officials.
Farmington HS says additional information can be found on its website and in upcoming emails.
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)