Murray police investigating shots fired outside business
SALT LAKE CITY — Officials with the Murray City Police Department say an investigation continues after a woman was shot outside a smoke shop on Saturday afternoon.
Sgt. Ross Huff that the shooting happened at 2:17 p.m. outside of the businesses at 4449 S Commerce Dr.
Police say the victim was hospitalized and then underwent surgery. Police say she is in fair condition.
Huff says that police have interviewed several witnesses, and that they believe they have identified a suspect. But they remain unclear about exactly what happened.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social-media scroll
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Suspect taken into custody after firing shots in Kearns
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah