Heavy delays expected on NB I-15 this weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is expecting heavy delays of more than 30 minutes this weekend on NB I-15 in Sandy.
UDOT said crews will be reducing travel lanes between 11400 South and 9400 South starting on Saturday at 9 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. so they can continue to repair the 10000 South bridge.
The repairs and work are part of UDOT’s I-15 Northbound project to add a new lane and new collector/distributor system. UDOT said the project is expected to finish next summer and reduce the number of crashes in the area by nearly 40%.
In addition to the bridge work happening in Sandy, UDOT will also be working on other areas of I-15 in Salt Lake and Davis Counties.
On Saturday, Nov. 21, the ramp from northbound I-15 to eastbound I-215 in Murray will be closed from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Drivers will be detoured to westbound I-215 and Redwood Road, where they will be directed back onto eastbound I-215. Lane closures will also be in place on several ramps at the I-15/I-215 interchange, and on I-215 between 280 East and I-15, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
On Saturday, Nov. 21, I-15 will close in both directions in Clearfield between 650 North and 700 South (S.R. 193) from 11:59 p.m. to Sunday, Nov. 22, at 2 a.m. Southbound traffic will be detoured off the freeway at 650 North and back onto I-15 via Main Street and 700 South. Northbound traffic will be detoured around the closure using the off- and on-ramps at the 700 South interchange. Crews will be replacing power lines that had been removed during bridge construction at 700 South.
On Sunday, Nov. 22, the ramp from westbound I-215 to southbound I-15 in Murray will close between 5:30 a.m. and noon. Drivers will need to continue to Redwood Road, then exit and merge onto eastbound I-215. Lane closures will also be in place in several areas on southbound I-15 in Salt Lake County from I-80 to Bangerter Highway, with the freeway reduced to four southbound lanes. All lanes are scheduled to reopen by 5 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study