Emergency crews respond to plane crash in Ogden, one person transported to the hospital
OGDEN, Utah — Emergency crews are responding to a confirmed plane crash in Ogden Thursday afternoon.
Shelby Willis with Ogden Fire Department told KSL one person was on board the plane and is on their way to the hospital. The condition of the passenger is unknown.
Willis said the plane had a successful take-off, but the pilot soon knew there was an inflight emergency. The plane landed in a field after skipping off the airport runway.
“The plane takes off and had a successful take-off,” said Willis. “He realizes there’s an inflight emergency pretty quickly and decides to land. And as he lands, he skips off the runway and ends up in a field.”
No cause for the crash has been determined at this time.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Russian media: Griner pleads guilty in Russia drugs trial
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…