Chimney fire reported at Ogden motel with estimated $50K in damages
OGDEN, Utah — The Ogden City Fire Department reported a chimney fire out of a two-story motel that was detected by bystanders around 5:45 p.m. Saturday. As crews arrived at the Colonial Motel on Washington Blvd to mitigate the flames, firefighters confirmed it was contained to the chimney area.
The cause is still under investigation, especially as crews discovered there was no fireplace attached to the chimney — so it’s unclear how the fire was started. However, crews estimate roughly $50,000 in damages.
Residents of the motel were evacuated as the crews suppressed the flames and no injuries were reported.
About 17 firefighters from the Ogden Fire Department responded to the incident, as well as two engines from the Northview Fire Department. Northview also provided two ladder trucks, one rescue truck and one ambulance.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers