Three people killed, two injured, in shooting at gun store in Louisiana
(CNN) — Three people were killed and two were injured in a shooting at a gun store in Louisiana on Saturday.
Deputies were called to the scene at the Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie just before 3 p.m., Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joseph Lopinto III said during a press briefing.
Metairie is just a few miles northwest of New Orleans.
One initial shooter fatally shot two people inside the store, according to Lopinto. Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
Several people then engaged the original suspect inside and outside the store, leaving two more people injured with gunshot wounds, the sheriff said.
A press release from the sheriff’s office said the third person killed was the original shooter.
The two injured people were transported to University Hospital and are in stable condition, according to Lopinto.
It appears the people involved in the shooting may have been customers, employees or individuals at the location, he said.
The New Orleans office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has special agents working the scene, the agency tweeted.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered