LAYTON, Utah — A 74-year-old Utah man is being charged with violently attacking another woman on Sunday at a senior living center.
Elderly Utah man assaults woman in same senior center
Officials say the man and the 75-year-old woman lived at the same senior center in Layton.
David Watson allegedly entered the woman’s apartment and started repeatedly punching her in the face, jaw and chest. He then proceeded to sexually assault her, stated charging documents.
“He covered her mouth with a gloved hand and her breathing was impeded,” the charges read.
The charges go on to outline Watson threatened to come back the next day and assault her again.
As he was leaving the room, Watson tripped and fell. The woman, who was also unable to get up, tried calling for help by using digital voice assistance.
The charges state Watson stopped her attempts by repeatedly saying “Alexa, no don’t call.”
Finding Watson by the dumpster, a slew of charges follow
Eventually, Watson was able to get up and leave. The woman then later called the police, and they arrived around 5:15 a.m.
Cops later found Watson around 6:30 a.m. outside a dumpster at a nearby restaurant, where he was throwing away a bag with some of his clothes inside.
“He also had a large scrape on the top of his head,” according to the charges.
Watson was charged Wednesday in 2nd District Court. He’s facing charges of object rape and aggravated burglary, first-degree felonies; two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony; and aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Court documents show Watson has no prior criminal history. He’s currently being held in the Davis County Jail.
Prosecutors have requested that he be held in jail without bail. Legacy Cottages, where the assault took place, did not provide comment to the Deseret News when contacted.
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict is in: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd’s death
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah health leaders predict increase in COVID-19 cases
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day