SALT LAKE CITY — All lanes of westbound I-80 through Salt Lake City are reopened to drivers after an accident, stemming from police activity, closed westbound lanes early Saturday morning.
The accident led UDOT the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) to close westbound lanes at 700 East.
The accident was reportedly part of a police investigation into a shooting earlier Saturday morning off of State Street in South Salt Lake City.
One woman died in that shooting.
“Some type of altercation, shots were fired with a female injured, and a crash that happened on I-80 where UHP and medical show up, then found out she had been shot,” said South Salt Lake City police spokesperson Danielle Croyle.
The police investigation continues.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- The four teams the Jazz could play in Round 1 of the NBA Playoffs
- Major abortion case seeking 15-week ban on abortion in Mississippi head to the Supreme Court
- Special session Wednesday won’t address Second Amendment Sanctuary
- Tax Day 2021: What you need to know and how to file for an extension
- Man drowns at Pineview Reservoir, investigation underway
- Vehicles, cars burglarized in West Jordan neighborhood
- Search and rescue teams locate bodies of West Valley City brothers missing on Utah Lake
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- What to do if you find a baby bird out of the nest
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain