Fire crews working hard to extinguish three alarm fire in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire crews responded to a three-alarm fire early this morning around 2:00 a.m. at 1110 E Ashton Ave.
When crews arrived they found the building fully engulfed in the flames.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department said in a tweet that six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced.
Salt Lake City Fire responded to a third alarm fire this morning at 2:00 a.m. Crews found an office building at 1110 E Ashton Ave fully involved. Six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced. 60 firefighters on scene. one ff injury. Cause is under investigation pic.twitter.com/1IcA5NUcg6
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) June 13, 2021
The fire department reported that there were 60 firefighters at the location and one of them was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are expected to be at the scene throughout the morning.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years