Fire crews working hard to extinguish three alarm fire in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire crews responded to a three-alarm fire early this morning around 2:00 a.m. at 1110 E Ashton Ave.
When crews arrived they found the building fully engulfed in the flames.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department said in a tweet that six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced.
Salt Lake City Fire responded to a third alarm fire this morning at 2:00 a.m. Crews found an office building at 1110 E Ashton Ave fully involved. Six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced. 60 firefighters on scene. one ff injury. Cause is under investigation pic.twitter.com/1IcA5NUcg6
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) June 13, 2021
The fire department reported that there were 60 firefighters at the location and one of them was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are expected to be at the scene throughout the morning.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- UDOT seeks public feedback on future of Bangerter Highway
- Utah primary election: Acceptable ID to bring for in-person voting
- Lawmaker seeks to remove felony statute from Utah’s abortion trigger law
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence