Fire crews working hard to extinguish three alarm fire in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire crews responded to a three-alarm fire early this morning around 2:00 a.m. at 1110 E Ashton Ave.
When crews arrived they found the building fully engulfed in the flames.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department said in a tweet that six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced.
Salt Lake City Fire responded to a third alarm fire this morning at 2:00 a.m. Crews found an office building at 1110 E Ashton Ave fully involved. Six individuals from an adjacent apartment have been displaced. 60 firefighters on scene. one ff injury. Cause is under investigation pic.twitter.com/1IcA5NUcg6
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) June 13, 2021
The fire department reported that there were 60 firefighters at the location and one of them was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are expected to be at the scene throughout the morning.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Bear Fire north of Price at 9,800 acres, public meeting scheduled Sunday
Update: Closure order issued for Pack Creek Fire in Moab
New wildfire sparks near Wasatch Mountain State Park
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial