SOMEWHERE IN UTAH — The search for hidden treasure somewhere on the Wasatch Front came to an end Monday, after one of the men who hid $10,000 shared a video of someone walking around with the treasure chest under his arm.
The hidden treasure challenge, posted on Instagram by John Maxim and David Cline on June 19, inspired a number of hunters to hit the trails around the Wasatch Front. One hiker even required rescue.
The original call to seek the cash included a poem with clues that seekers needed to follow to find the hidden booty.
View this post on Instagram
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- The FBI-led search for Gabby Petito’s fiance is scaling back but becoming more…
- Pentagon leaders to face Congress on Afghan pullout decision
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Minersville male shot and killed over “self defense” says Sheriff