SALT LAKE CITY — A new study ranks Salt Lake City as the third best and friendliest city in the country — for cats.
According to pet insurance company One-Vet, after ranking 5 factors across 50 cities in the US, Salt Lake City came out victorious.
One-Vet said they used five different factors to determine a friendliness scale for felines. They looked at things like the number of rentals per one-thousand that allow cats, the number of veterinarians, the number of cat adoptions, and the number of “Cat Cafes.”
It looks like a Tinker’s Cat Cafe on 900 S could have edged Salt Lake above the competition. On their website, the cat cafe says they are the first feline-friendly cafe in Utah that provides adoption services alongside pastries and “catpuccinos.”
Also adding to the high scores in Salt Lake was a relatively high number of cats that were adopted per population. Salt Lake ranked 5th overall in the number of adoptions per 100,000. (So the C in SLC may stand for cat.)
The two cities that beat Salt Lake were both from Florida, with Miami taking the top spot and Orlando coming in a close second.
On the flip side, the worst place for some feline friends was New York City. The difficulty for owners to find cat-friendly homes, close veterinarians, and pet stores were the biggest pitfalls according to One-Vet.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Fire burning at old Diamond Lil’s, set for destruction on Sunday
- Board of Education to investigate Cline post on Racial Healing Group
- Police say witness beat up minister for inappropriately touching a child at an OK bus stop
- Utah Jazz require COVID-19 vaccine or negative test for fans, new rule sparks heated reaction
- Utah Jazz add Holly Rowe to TV broadcast team
- Utah man has sights on a record-breaking pumpkin
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released