Olympic events to watch this weekend, including gymnastics
5 events to watch
Tennis: Serbian player Novak Djokovic is in the running for a Calendar Golden Slam (all four Grand Slams plus an Olympic title.) He played against Bolivia’s Hugo Dellien on Day 1 of the Olympic singles tournament. Start time is 4th match on Center Court. Stream links for a specific court or a specific match are on the Olympics tennis schedule page.
NBC will broadcast the event live, with a rebroadcast at 7:30 P.M. EST.
Every single event can be streamed live on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app.
Men’s gymnastics: Men’s qualifying is on Saturday. Athletes have been split into three different subdivisions, and US gymnasts Brody Malone, Sam Mikulak, Yul Moldauer, Shane Wiskus, and Alec Yoder are in the third and final group, which kicks off at 6:30 am EST.
Subdivision 1 starts at 9 p.m. EST, subdivision 2 starts at 1:30 a.m. EST and all can also be live streamed.
Women’s soccer: The US Women’s National Team will play New Zealand at 7:30 am EST on Saturday. It will air on NBC and live stream.
Women’s basketball: The United States vs. France will start at 4:55 am EST.
Swimming: Both women’s and men’s competitions take place throughout the weekend. Look for butterfly heats, freestyle heats, freestyle relay heats, and breaststroke heats.
See the full Olympic schedule here.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon