Expect delays in Summit County on WB I-80 early next week
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation is warning Summit County drivers to plan for delays on I-80 next week. UDOT will begin road work starting on Monday morning that will last through Wednesday night.
Maintenence and construction crews will be working on some bridges and roads and Westbound I-80 which will be reduced to two lanes of travel from the U.S. 40 interchange to Kimball Junction.
Crews will start working on Monday, August 2, at 8 a.m., and will be there until Wednesday, August 5, at 8 p.m.,
According to UDOT, shifting the work to weekdays instead of the weekend and opening additional lanes will help with major delays. However, they are encouraging drivers to plan for some delays and restrictions on WB I-80.
Drivers are also reminded to plan for the 55 mph speed limit when traveling through construction zones. UDOT expects the project to be completed this fall.
UDOT is expecting this project to provide a smoother driving surface and extend the life of the pavement.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Tropical Storm Colin brings rain to Carolinas, weakens
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- How to keep the smoke from getting in your house