Material shortage causes delay in Bingham High School construction
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — A material shortage is causing a delay in the completion of construction at Bingham High School in South Jordan. Students will begin the school year with two weeks of online learning until the construction is complete.
Material shortage impacts Bingham construction
The Jordan School District said construction at Bingham was supposed to be done by August 16 but has hit a supply chain disruption. The construction project is short of things like sheet metal in addition to pandemic-related labor shortages.
“The renovation project impacts 70% of classrooms upstairs and construction crews are working around the clock to complete the project,” the school said in a statement.
Students will return to school
- Parents protest rumored mask mandate, but Salt Lake County officials weren’t issuing one
- Utah Department of Health releases COVID-19 recommendations for schools
- Back to School: Will families use virtual learning or opt for in-person class?
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger
- Some Capri Sun products being recalled by Kraft Heinz
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say