Body found in West Jordan canal
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A body was found in a West Jordan canal Saturday afternoon.
The body was discovered at 6600 South and Redwood Road. A passerby discovered it and notified authorities.
The investigation is ongoing, however, authorities say the community is safe.
“At this time, it doesn’t appear to be any foul play,” said Lt. Chad Haun of the West Jordan City Police Department. “There is nothing suspicious. There doesn’t appear to be any reason for anybody to be alarmed.”
The deceased person is a male. His identity has not been released, pending notification of his family.
No other information was provided.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio