Jazz sign Baylor rookie MaCio Teague
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz announced Sunday the team has signed guard MaCio Teague. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
Teague is a 6-foot-4, 195-pound guard who college basketball last season at Baylor. With the Bears, he was a teammate of Utah’s second round selection in last month’s draft, Jared Butler.
Teague finished his senior season with averages of 15.9 points on 47.8 percent from the field, along with 4.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists in helping the Bears win the NCAA tournament championship.
During his junior season at Baylor, Teague was named to the All Big 12 second team.
He started his collegiate career at UNC-Asheville, where he averaged 16.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.3 steals in 67 career games.
- Lindsey transitions to new role with Utah Jazz
- Baylor beatdown: Bears win title, hang 86-70 loss on Gonzaga
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says