Officer and suspect recovering after Sandy shooting overnight
SANDY, Utah — A police officer and a suspect are recovering in the hospital after a shooting at a Sandy apartment complex overnight.
This story is developing. Tune to KSL NewsRadio for the latest breaking developments here.
It happened at 242 West Harrison Street, near 9000 South and I-15. A large police presence remains on the scene with several agencies responding.
According to Sandy police, the SWAT team, which frequently includes officers from multiple agencies, responded to that address to serve a search warrant. They did not say whether the person who was shot was the subject of that warrant.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 8, 2021
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) September 8, 2021
Sandy police tell KSL the officer and the suspect both suffered non-life-threatening wounds in the shooting and should recover.
Just before 5 am a member of our SWAT Team was shot while serving a search warrant at Arcadia Apts. He is in stable condition. An occupant was also shot and in stable condition. SL OICI Team is investigating. No danger to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/69p8oQM17u
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) September 8, 2021
This story will be updated. Stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio