Officer and suspect recovering after Sandy shooting overnight
SANDY, Utah — A police officer and a suspect are recovering in the hospital after a shooting at a Sandy apartment complex overnight.
This story is developing. Tune to KSL NewsRadio for the latest breaking developments here.
It happened at 242 West Harrison Street, near 9000 South and I-15. A large police presence remains on the scene with several agencies responding.
According to Sandy police, the SWAT team, which frequently includes officers from multiple agencies, responded to that address to serve a search warrant. They did not say whether the person who was shot was the subject of that warrant.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 8, 2021
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) September 8, 2021
Sandy police tell KSL the officer and the suspect both suffered non-life-threatening wounds in the shooting and should recover.
Just before 5 am a member of our SWAT Team was shot while serving a search warrant at Arcadia Apts. He is in stable condition. An occupant was also shot and in stable condition. SL OICI Team is investigating. No danger to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/69p8oQM17u
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) September 8, 2021
This story will be updated. Stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?