SWAT Team surround driver in Bountiful
Bountiful, UTAH — Early Sunday police received multiple calls reporting a truck driving recklessly.
According to the police report, the suspect of the car was attempting to ram into multiple cars until it collided with a vehicle near 2600 South and Main Street.
Bountiful police located the vehicle and attempted a traffic stop around 1500 South Main Street. The suspect did not stop and caused a second collision with a different vehicle.
The suspect then hit a police vehicle and attempted to ram another two police vehicles while he fled. Police followed him into a cul-de-sac where a stand-off ensued.
After refusing commands from police, the South Davis Metro SWAT Team intervened and arrested the suspect.
The suspect, identified as Cory Adams, is a 51-year-old male from Idaho and was booked into the Davis County Jail. Cory was charged with Aggravated Assault, Fleeing, Reckless Driving, Leaving the scene of an accident, and Disorderly Conduct.
The investigation is still open, we will update this story with any new information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Legislative committee discusses rule banning conversion therapy
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide