Bountiful, UTAH — Early Sunday police received multiple calls reporting a truck driving recklessly.
According to the police report, the suspect of the car was attempting to ram into multiple cars until it collided with a vehicle near 2600 South and Main Street.
Bountiful police located the vehicle and attempted a traffic stop around 1500 South Main Street. The suspect did not stop and caused a second collision with a different vehicle.
The suspect then hit a police vehicle and attempted to ram another two police vehicles while he fled. Police followed him into a cul-de-sac where a stand-off ensued.
After refusing commands from police, the South Davis Metro SWAT Team intervened and arrested the suspect.
The suspect, identified as Cory Adams, is a 51-year-old male from Idaho and was booked into the Davis County Jail. Cory was charged with Aggravated Assault, Fleeing, Reckless Driving, Leaving the scene of an accident, and Disorderly Conduct.
The investigation is still open, we will update this story with any new information.
Today’s Top Stories
- FBI: Dental records show that remains are Laundrie’s
- Skywest flights grounded by technical problems
- Salt Lake City IT employee arrested, accused of working with human trafficker
- What may be in that notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie?
- Canyons School District returns to remote-learning Fridays
- Cila, Amur Tiger resident of Utah’s Hogle Zoo has passed
- FBI: Human remains found during search for Brian Laundrie
- CDC says certain whole onions from Mexico are linked to Salmonella
- Idaho Supreme Court orders change of venue in Daybell case
- Thirsty Great Salt Lake just got a little help from its friends