Bountiful, UTAH — Early Sunday police received multiple calls reporting a truck driving recklessly.
According to the police report, the suspect of the car was attempting to ram into multiple cars until it collided with a vehicle near 2600 South and Main Street.
Bountiful police located the vehicle and attempted a traffic stop around 1500 South Main Street. The suspect did not stop and caused a second collision with a different vehicle.
The suspect then hit a police vehicle and attempted to ram another two police vehicles while he fled. Police followed him into a cul-de-sac where a stand-off ensued.
After refusing commands from police, the South Davis Metro SWAT Team intervened and arrested the suspect.
The suspect, identified as Cory Adams, is a 51-year-old male from Idaho and was booked into the Davis County Jail. Cory was charged with Aggravated Assault, Fleeing, Reckless Driving, Leaving the scene of an accident, and Disorderly Conduct.
The investigation is still open, we will update this story with any new information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab plans to investigate police interaction with Gabby Petito, fiancé