SALT LAKE CITY — Chick-Fil-A announced Thursday a new flavor of milkshake will be tested in the Salt Lake City area. The Autumn Spice milkshake consists of vanilla ice cream, along with ingredients such as cinnamon, orange, and cardamom. Its flavor is added with pieces of speculoos cookies, which taste like spiced shortbread.
The milkshake is topped with whipped cream and a cherry and will be available starting Monday, Sept. 27 through Oct. 30, while supplies last.
Salt Lake City was chosen as the testing location for the new milkshake because of the popularity of the Chick-Fil-A milkshakes here.
According to mashed.com people in Salt Lake City consumed more than 1.5 million milkshakes from Chick-Fil-A in the last 12 months.
“We’re excited to offer guests more menu variety this year, and that includes testing out new fall flavors like the Autumn Spice Milkshake,” said Beth Hefner, a member of the Chick-Fil-A menu development team.
“Our guests look forward to our seasonal milkshakes every year, and we’re excited to put Salt Lake City’s tastebuds to the test with this delicious blend of rich, autumn-inspired flavors.”
As a result, the company says if the Autumn Spice milkshake is a success in Salt Lake City, it will soon be released to restaurant locations around the country.
Currently, the restaurant offers a variety of milkshakes. These flavors include: peach, cookies & cream, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams