Suspect arrested after 16-year-old was fatally shot in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Police have identified a suspect in the shooting death of a 16-year-old boy in West Jordan on Tuesday.
In a tweet, West Jordan police announced the arrest of Cody Ivory, 20, and that he was booked on suspicion of homicide, aggravated robbery, felony discharge of a firearm, and obstruction charges.
Last night WJPD located and arrested Cody Ivory 9-9-02 in connection with yesterdays shooting death of 16 yo Jacob Jeremy Hansen. Ivory was booked on homicide, aggravated robbery, felony discharge of a firearm and obstruction charges.
— West Jordan Police Dept. (@WJPD_PIO) October 5, 2021
The victim was identified as 16-year-old Jeremy Hansen.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc