Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
ROY, Utah — An officer with the Roy City Police Department has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse.
Ryan A. Estes was arrested last week for investigation on several counts of sexual abuse of a child, involving two minors. The city has subsequently placed him on administrative leave.
According to court documents, both of the victims were between the ages of 10 and 13 when the incidents occurred.
In a probable cause statement, the first victim said she was between the ages of 10 and 11 when the abuse started.
In the same probable cause statement, the second victim stated she was 13 when she was abused.
In a text to KSL, Chief Matthew Gwynn, of the Roy City Police Department, acknowledged that Estes was an officer with the city.
“Yes [Ryan Estes] is an officer with us, he was placed on admin leave when we learned of this case. He will remain on leave until we have thoroughly evaluated the facts of this case and can make a determination as to his continued employment status,” the text read.
According to court documents, Estes is being held in the Davis County Jail without bail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport