Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
ROY, Utah — An officer with the Roy City Police Department has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse.
Ryan A. Estes was arrested last week for investigation on several counts of sexual abuse of a child, involving two minors. The city has subsequently placed him on administrative leave.
According to court documents, both of the victims were between the ages of 10 and 13 when the incidents occurred.
In a probable cause statement, the first victim said she was between the ages of 10 and 11 when the abuse started.
In the same probable cause statement, the second victim stated she was 13 when she was abused.
In a text to KSL, Chief Matthew Gwynn, of the Roy City Police Department, acknowledged that Estes was an officer with the city.
“Yes [Ryan Estes] is an officer with us, he was placed on admin leave when we learned of this case. He will remain on leave until we have thoroughly evaluated the facts of this case and can make a determination as to his continued employment status,” the text read.
According to court documents, Estes is being held in the Davis County Jail without bail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”