Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
LOGAN CANYON, Utah — A two-car crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon Tuesday morning claimed the life of a woman.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at around 8 a.m. A Dodge Caravan was driving eastbound near milepost 489 when it lost control. The vehicle then hit the barrier on both sides of the highway and spun into the path of a Ford F-350, which was traveling westbound.
The Ford collided with the passenger side of the Dodge Caravan. The woman driving the Dodge Caravan, Brekel K Kanno, suffered fatal injuries from the accident and died at the scene.
Kanno, age 29, was a resident of Honeyville, Utah.
The child in the car with Kanno was transported to an area hospital. According to the UHP, the child’s injuries were serious, but not considered to be life-threatening.
The driver of the Ford was also taken to an area hospital with minor injuries.
The UHP is investigating road conditions as a factor in the accident.
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Snow College Football player killed in car crash
- One person killed in five-car crash in West Jordan
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?