Taylorsville woman in stolen car hits other cars while fleeing police
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Taylorsville Police say a woman is under arrest after driving a stolen car, then crashing into several other vehicles during a police chase on Friday. Investigators say she then got out of the stolen vehicle and got into an occupied car which she tried to steal.
A Taylorsville police officer reported that he saw someone driving a car that he says was stolen, from reports by the Farmington Police Department. The following is a description of the incident from a Taylorsville police officer:
“Once officers began to box the vehicle in she began to reverse and hit the unoccupied vehicle behind her. The suspect put it in drive and rammed two law enforcement vehicles while evading onto 3500 South. The vehicle went Eastbound where a pursuit was initiated and the vehicle continued and did not stop. The vehicle continued Eastbound where it ran a red light and hit another vehicle. The suspect vehicle then spun out and caused three other vehicles to be hit.”
Investigators say the suspect then got out of the vehicle and into an occupied vehicle. The driver of that vehicle then got out before the suspect tried to jack it.
The incident happened last night, with the woman taken into custody at around 8:30. Taylorsville PD has identified the woman as 33-year-old Crystal Campbell.
Campbell has been charged with ten offenses by the police, including robbery, aggravated assault, and theft by receiving stolen property. A police report states that Campbell “purposely damaged vehicles exceeding $7000.” Investigators confirmed they found more stolen property from two different victims in the stolen car.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Woman killed in hit and run in Millcreek is identified, police still looking for driver
- Man arrested after overnight car chase in Taylorsville
- Driver injured in West Valley City single-car rollover
- Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
- Salt Lake murder suspect turns himself in to police
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’