Car crash in Tooele results in tragedy
TOOELE — A single passenger car crashed at the intersection of Utah Ave & Rogers Street in the early morning hours on Thursday, November 11th.
At approximately 3:23am, Tooele and Grantsville officials reported to the scene of the accident.
Driver ejected from the vehicle
At the scene, the car was reportedly totaled. Officials said they believe the car crashed into a street light at the intersection and barrel rolled several times.
The driver, a 45-year-old man, was ejected from the car. He sustained serious injuries that resulted in death.
Tooele City police Sgt. Chris Thompson reported the driver was pronounced dead on the scene.
The cause of the crash is not yet known and the male has not been identified.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort