Motorcyclist killed in a two-vehicle crash in Draper
DRAPER, Utah — The Draper Police Department is investigating a two-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon that killed a motorcyclist.
According to police, the incident took place near 119oo South State Street in Draper at 4:33 p.m. Police say that the motorcyclist collided with the rear of another vehicle.
Witnesses tell police that the motorcyclist was seen driving faster than the posted speed limit and may have been weaving in and out of traffic. Police say the victim, who has not been identified, passed away at the scene from injuries sustained in the accident. Additionally, police say the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet.
The driver of the vehicle remained on scene and was cooperative, according to police.
Police say it is not known if impairment or speed were factors in the crash.
No other information was available.
- UHP uses triple-car crash to remind drivers of accident safety protocols
- Motorcyclist killed in Logan accident
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision