Missing Missouri child found safe in St. George hotel
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A missing 7-year-old child from Missouri was found safe Wednesday in a St. George hotel, according to St. George police.
According to the St. George Police Department, the department received a call from the police department in St. Charles, Missouri at 10 a.m. Missouri authorities informed St. George police about a female in a hotel within the city limits of St. George, who had a NCIC warrant for the abduction and kidnapping of the 7-year-old.
In coordination with the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and the St. Charles Police Department, St. George police were able to safely recover the child, while taking the suspect into custody.
As authorities approached the hotel, they were able to confirm the suspect’s car through a license plate reader. Police made contact with the suspect, who has been identified as Valerie Baker. Baker is the birth mother of the missing Missouri child. According to police, however, she was not allowed to have custody of the child.
As she was taking into custody, Baker was combative with police and was charged with resisting arrest.
The child is currently in Utah DCFS custody, who is working along with the Missouri DCFS to get the child back to her family.
St. George police did not have information on the extradition of the suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says