Drivers injured, gas station, motel damaged by crash near BYU campus
PROVO, Utah — Two people were injured Wednesday morning when a truck and a Utah Valley Express (UVX) bus crashed near Lavell Edwards Stadium in Provo.
The crash happened around 5 a.m. at 1650 North Canyon Road and University Parkway. It caused the bus to go off the road and hit a gas pump at a Chevron gas station. The bus also hit a nearby motel, which is under renovation and empty.
KSL TV reports that the drivers of both the truck and the bus were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
The UVX is a rapid transit line operated by the Utah Transit Authority. It runs between Orem and Provo by way of Utah Valley University and Brigham Young University.
This story is developing and will be updated.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) March 30, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints