Drivers injured, gas station, motel damaged by crash near BYU campus
PROVO, Utah — Two people were injured Wednesday morning when a truck and a Utah Valley Express (UVX) bus crashed near Lavell Edwards Stadium in Provo.
The crash happened around 5 a.m. at 1650 North Canyon Road and University Parkway. It caused the bus to go off the road and hit a gas pump at a Chevron gas station. The bus also hit a nearby motel, which is under renovation and empty.
KSL TV reports that the drivers of both the truck and the bus were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
The UVX is a rapid transit line operated by the Utah Transit Authority. It runs between Orem and Provo by way of Utah Valley University and Brigham Young University.
This story is developing and will be updated.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) March 30, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- SWAT team responds to Herriman area
- Russian media: Griner pleads guilty in Russia drugs trial
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought