Drivers injured, gas station, motel damaged by crash near BYU campus
PROVO, Utah — Two people were injured Wednesday morning when a truck and a Utah Valley Express (UVX) bus crashed near Lavell Edwards Stadium in Provo.
The crash happened around 5 a.m. at 1650 North Canyon Road and University Parkway. It caused the bus to go off the road and hit a gas pump at a Chevron gas station. The bus also hit a nearby motel, which is under renovation and empty.
KSL TV reports that the drivers of both the truck and the bus were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
The UVX is a rapid transit line operated by the Utah Transit Authority. It runs between Orem and Provo by way of Utah Valley University and Brigham Young University.
This story is developing and will be updated.
BREAKING: Two people were hospitalized after a truck crashed into a UTA bus in Provo Wednesday morning. #KSLTV https://t.co/fDvVTm8Vlr
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) March 30, 2022
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Median price of a home declined for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah?
- Utah man recovering from shark bite while swimming in Hawaii
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- Murdered man’s family, friends worry suspected killer was let off too easy for other crimes