CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Search continues for woman who fled with son before court-ordered child custody exchange
SOUTH OGDEN, Utah — Police are searching for a 37-year-old woman who they say fled with her 4-year-old son before a court-order child custody exchange with the boy’s father on Monday.
According to a police press release, officers were called to the 5700 block of South Maplewood Drive on Monday to assist in the child custody exchange. However, Taryn Pearce had left the area with her son, according to police.
The 2nd District Court issued an arrest warrant for Pearce on Tuesday.
Through their investigation, police discovered that Pearce, her 4-year-old son, and her boyfriend stayed in an Ogden hotel Monday night. Police said Pearce and her son checked out of the hotel Tuesday morning at 8:50 a.m.
Police said they don’t know what type of vehicle Pearce may be driving, although they have interviewed the boyfriend.
An AMBER Alert has not been issued, police said, because they don’t believe the 4-year-old boy is in danger.
If you have information, you are asked to call Weber County Dispatch at 801-395-8221.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries
- BYU announces new president
- Are joint bank accounts good or bad for couples?
- 5 Game Day Snacks for the Whole Family (with recipes!)