Search continues for woman who fled with son before court-ordered child custody exchange
SOUTH OGDEN, Utah — Police are searching for a 37-year-old woman who they say fled with her 4-year-old son before a court-order child custody exchange with the boy’s father on Monday.
According to a police press release, officers were called to the 5700 block of South Maplewood Drive on Monday to assist in the child custody exchange. However, Taryn Pearce had left the area with her son, according to police.
The 2nd District Court issued an arrest warrant for Pearce on Tuesday.
Through their investigation, police discovered that Pearce, her 4-year-old son, and her boyfriend stayed in an Ogden hotel Monday night. Police said Pearce and her son checked out of the hotel Tuesday morning at 8:50 a.m.
Police said they don’t know what type of vehicle Pearce may be driving, although they have interviewed the boyfriend.
An AMBER Alert has not been issued, police said, because they don’t believe the 4-year-old boy is in danger.
If you have information, you are asked to call Weber County Dispatch at 801-395-8221.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured