Body of a 31-year-old man found in Bear Lake, investigation continues
RANDOLPH, Utah — The body of a man was found Monday in Bear Lake. The Rich County Sheriff’s office has identified the man as Kyle Dean Walker, age 31.
A search began for Walker on Monday after an employee of Bear Lake State Parks contacted the Rich County Sheriff’s office about a car that had been parked overnight at a day-use campsite. A park employee reportedly saw someone wearing scuba gear in the water on Sunday.
The Rich County Sheriff’s office says they began contacting people listed as family members of the vehicle owner. They learned that Walker hadn’t been heard from since Saturday.
With the help of Utah State Parks and a boat capable of searching with sonar, the body was found in five feet of water.
A dive team from the Utah Division of Public Services helped with the recovery of the body.
An investigation continues.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest