Moving truck catches fire following I-15 accident
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah – Officers responded to reports of an accident at around 10 p.m. on Friday night. The accident was on I-15 at milepost 365 and closed all southbound lanes for multiple hours.
The accident involved a semi trailer hauling two different families belongings and a single passenger vehicle. The semi was struck by another vehicle which caused it to flip and catch fire.
The contents of the trailer combined with the oil and gas spilled from the crash strengthened the flames. Brigham Fire, Corinne Fire, and Willard Fire coordinated efforts to put out the fire.
One person involved in the crash was transported by ambulance to Brigham Community Hospital.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah