Ogden babysitter arrested for aggravated sex abuse of a child
OGDEN, Utah — A 44-year-old man is under arrest on suspicion of the aggravated sexual abuse of a child.
The Ogden Police Department reports that Nathan Kim Richins, 44, was arrested on May 31 after an interview with police.
Richins had been named by the victim’s father, who told police that Richins was “a long time friend” and would “often babysit children in the home.”
Child identified the Ogden babysitter by name
The interview with Richins was preceded by a Children’s Justice Center interview on May 26, where a five-year-old child identified the suspect by name. In the interview, the child said she had been raped and described the suspect’s genitals.
Police documents show that Richins knew the victim in the case, and admitted to babysitting the child on multiple occasions.
When confronted with the allegations, Richins reported said he was “possessed by demons” and would black out at times. He said this happened multiple times while in the victim’s bedroom.
He later reportedly admitted to touching the victim. Richins was arrested for the aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony.
- BYU study finds over half of Utahns are watering too much
- Community, city leaders, react after fatal State Street crash
- ‘Stop the shooting’ is primary job for police, says Unified Police sergeant
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around