One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
HURRICANE, Utah — One person died Friday afternoon following a three-vehicle crash in Hurricane.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a silver passenger vehicle was traveling westbound on SR-9 near Quail Creek Driver at milepost 4. It crossed into the eastbound lane of traffic and collided head-on with a pickup truck.
The UHP says after that collision the silver passenger vehicle struck another vehicle in the eastbound lane.
The driver of the pickup suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The UHP says the driver of the truck was a male.
The female driver of the silver passenger vehicle was transported to an area hospital with injuries. The extend of her injuries were not provided.
No other information on the three-vehicle crash was provided.
- Utah Highway Patrol has stopped just under 97,000 cars so far in 2022
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
Today’s Top Stories
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon