21-year-old driver swerves, flips vehicle in crash on SR-16
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Department of Safety says a 21-year-old rolled his vehicle on Sunday, July 10.
According to a press release, the driver was traveling northbound on SR-16 when he moved into the southbound lane to pass the car in front of him. At the same time, there was a vehicle traveling in the southbound lane toward him.
The Department of Safety said the 21-year-old driver swerved to avoid a head-on collision. He then lost control of the vehicle, and drove off the road to the right.
Police said the vehicle rolled and the driver was ejected. The driver sustained fatal injuries from the incident.
- Two killed in Lehi car crash
- Three people hurt, including young child in car crash on Redwood Road
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Ogden motorcycle and car collision resulted in minor injuries
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems
- Crash causes big delays in Tooele County