Crash on SR-20 in Iron County claims the life of a man
IRON COUNTY, Utah — A 24-year-old man died Wednesday morning in a crash involving the commercial box truck he was driving.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash happened on SR-20 near milepost 8 at 6:20 a.m.
In a news release, the UHP says the truck drifted to the right of the highway. The driver then corrected back to the left, forcing the truck to overturn onto its side.
The UHP says the driver was the lone occupant in the truck. Additionally, the UHP says the victim was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.
The UHP says the driver passed away at the scene from injuries sustained in the incident.
Impairment and distraction are being investigated as possible causes to the Iron County crash, according to the UHP.
SR-20 was closed for nearly five hours Wednesday morning for the investigation and clean-up of the incident.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to serious vehicle crashes on I-70 and I-80
- Motorcyclist dies in crash in Logan Canyon
- Pioneer Day holiday weekend was a busy one for Utah Highway Patrol
- One person killed in Richfield car crash; two others killed in Soldier Summit crash
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Ogden man in jail after allegedly shaking 8-week-old baby
- Breaking: Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City
- 200-year-old tree explodes in Portland due to heat wave
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Number of visitors to Arches National Park is on the decline
- Refinery flares are normal says Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Woman dies after being struck by FrontRunner in Salt Lake City
- Layton Police say search continues for teenager missing from treatment center
- Code enforcement officer killed in WVC